ASP Documentation Tool Description
Editor: The ASP Documentation Tool™ creates comprehensive technical documentation for ASP 2.0 and 3.0 web applications written in VBScript or JScript. It will also document SQL Server 7.0, 2000, 2005, Microsoft Access or MySQL databases associated with the applications, as well as associated Visual Basic 6.0 COM objects that may be used in the web application.
The ASP Documentation Tool contains the following features:
* ASP file parser extracts content from ASP 2.0 or 3.0 files written in VBScript or JScript.
* Supports more than one input folder, which is useful if your include files are in a separate folder to the main ASP files.
* Optionally supports server-side includes in the format or .
* Can be scheduled to automatically update project documentation by making use of the Windows AT command or the Task Scheduler.
* Log file creation shows a summary of the ASP Documentation Tool™'s actions.
* Graphical user interface makes it easy to configure the documentation options required to successfully document a web application's ASP pages and its associated Visual Basic 6.0 Component Object Model objects and SQL Server 7, 2000, 2005 and Microsoft Access databases.
* Supports source code files in PC, Unix or Apple Macintosh text format.
* An optional Extras Report shows the following which can be used when tidying code or performing code reviews/audits:
o Unused ASP VBScript and JScript Functions.
o Underused ASP VBScript and JScript Functions.
o Unused ASP VBScript Subroutines.
o Underused ASP VBScript Subroutines.
o Amount of code comments in ASP pages (VBScript and JScript).
o Amount of commented out code in ASP (VBScript and JScript).
o Shows pages using the PerlScript or Python ASP scripting languages.
ASP Documentation Tool Screenshots
Screenshots are not available currently.
What's New in ASP Documentation Tool 8.2
Release notes are not available currently.
ASP Documentation Tool Requirements
No additional system requirements.